Forthcoming CoursesMon 05Mon 5 October, 2:00 pm to Thu 8 October, 2:00 pmMon 05Mon 5 October, 2:00 pm to Thu 8 October, 2:00 pmMon 12Mon 12 October, 2:00 pm to Thu 15 October, 2:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Academic Dean and Coordinator for the Centre for Liturgy and Worship Read more
Tutor in Spiritual Formation and Biblical Studies Read more
Coordinator, Centre for Formation in Ministry and Director of Contextual Learning Read more
- This event has passed.
Spiritual Directors Forum: Companions for the Journey
- Course Dates: Mon 5 November 2018, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
People on a spiritual journey are longing for others to walk with, not to walk alone.
Often they are not looking for teachers, or even guides, so much as fellow explorers. There is as much need for ‘community’ as there has ever been and certainly the fragmented nature of our society leaves some on the margins, unsure where to find spiritual bread.
Jacqui Lea has been engaged in offering hospitality to those in search of spiritual safe space, through the Community of Hopeweavers, now an Acknowledged Anglican Religious Community. This day for spiritual directors and others in listening and pastoral ministries offers an opportunity to consider our own need for community, the reasons behind the current search for companions, how we listen to that quest, and how we might respond.
The day will be framed within the Community of Hopeweavers Daily Office with space for stillness and creative silence, alongside input, discussion, and the opportunity for hands-on reflective creative activity.
By the end of the day, we aim that participants will have been offered:
- Space to experience a little of the daily rhythm of a local religious community;
- Opportunities to reflect on input in the light of our own discipleship journeys;
- Practical resources and reflective creative time as a way of exploring how we express our deepest needs to belong, to be accompanied;
- Set aside time to consider our own practice as spiritual directors; and
- A shared creative learning space alongside good companions for the journey