Forthcoming CoursesWed 17Mon 15 February, 2:00 pm to Thu 18 February, 2:00 pmMon 08Mon 8 March, 2:00 pm to Thu 11 March, 2:00 pmMon 08Mon 8 March, 2:00 pm to Thu 11 March, 2:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Coordinator, Centre for Formation in Ministry and Director of Contextual Learning Read more
Coordinator, Centre for Contemporary Spirituality Read more
Tutor in Spiritual Formation and Biblical Studies Read more
- This event has passed.
Renaissance: Re-finding Ourselves in Ministry 2017
- Course Dates: Mon 20 March 2017, 12:30 pm to Wed 22 March 2017, 2:00 pm
The second half of our lives opens up a unique range of opportunities and choices. This programme offers an opportunity to explore the shape of our life and work as we grow older.
These two residentials are ideal if you have been in stipendiary parochial ministry for a number of years, and are beginning to think about how to shape your ministry for the next phase. With retirement for many now looking as if it may be 70, what does it mean to be in ministry for the long haul?
This programme is offered to the Church and has attracted a number of clergy from across the Country. It is sponsored by the Regional Training Partnership, Transition in Ministry Team (TIM) – including the dioceses of Bath & Wells, Bristol, Guildford, Oxford, Portsmouth, Salisbury and Winchester.
We shall provide an opportunity for you to:
- reflect on your ministry since your ordination, so that you can become more aware of those aspects of ministry that renew you and those that drain you;
- reflect on your continuing vocation to ordained ministry: does it continue to sustain you or does it need re-appraising in the light of experience?
- think about new skills and theological wisdom that might empower you to grow into the next phase of your ministry;
- think about your lifestyle as a minister and plan for its future sustainability.
These residential sessions will provide an opportunity to think and pray together about vocation and ministry, to share in the worship of the cathedral and to make plans for further learning.
The programme will include two residential sessions at Sarum College. You will be expected to attend both parts.
Session 1 – arrivals for 1pm lunch on Monday 20 March, departures at 2pm on Wednesday 22 March 2017
Session 2 – arrivals for 1pm lunch on 26 June, departures at 2pm on Wednesday 28 June 2017
There may be a chance to meet in small reflection groups between the sessions.