There are no upcoming events at this time.
Meet the Academic Staff
Coordinator for the Centre for Leadership Learning Read more
Scholar in Residence Read more
Coordinator, Centre for Contemporary Spirituality Read more
- This event has passed.
MODEM Conference 2017: What is the Church For?
- Course Dates: Thu 7 December 2017, 12:00 pm to Fri 8 December 2017, 2:00 pm
This year’s annual MODEM Conference returns to Sarum College.
The conference brings together experts from the fields of leadership, management and ministry for stimulating conversations
between church and business communities.
This conference aims to help all to understand more about what is the church for, to help churches to mobilise and organize beyond Sunday morning.
Professor Mike Higton on ‘The Church as Witness’
Dr Graham Adams on ‘The Church and the Solidarity of the Shaken’
Both keynote speakers plan to be with us throughout the conference, so that the whole community can develop its thinking and development and make good use of the wisdom and ideas of the speakers, as well as of each other.
The programme will include talks from keynote speakers, contributions from members of the community, opportunities for discussion in groups, and the option of joining in the rhythm of worship at nearby Salisbury Cathedral.
The aim is to uncover different perspectives, to make new connections and to open up conversation which will continue beyond the life of the conference. It is anticipated that the title of the conference will trigger a far-ranging set of responses and we are looking to seeing what emerges as we explore the terrain together.
Thursday 7 December
- Arrival from 12 noon (coffee available)
- Lunch at 1pm
- Sessions start at 2pm
- The programme will allow delegates to attend Evensong in Salisbury Cathedral at
- Dinner at 7pm
- Between Evensong and Dinner there will be a free public book launch for Leading by Story: Rethinking Church Leadership by Vaughan S. Roberts and David Sims, recently published by SCM Press
- After dinner, participants will be free to develop their conversations in the College bar or at a nearby pub
Friday 8 December
- Delegates will have an opportunity to attend Morning Prayer (and communion) in
Salisbury Cathedral at 7.30am before breakfast at 8.15am
- Sessions start at 9.15 am
- Departure and the MODEM AGM after lunch
Early Bird discount until 30 September: residential £130; non-residential £80. Thereafter: residential £140; non-residential £90.
Residential fee includes ensuite accommodation and all meals. Non-residential fee includes lunch and supper on first day, and lunch on second.
In addition, there is a £10 discount on all fees for MODEM members, students (including Sarum College postgraduate students), and ministers-in-training.
For all booking enquiries please contact Alison Ogden
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01722 424826 | 01722 424800 (main reception)
Please note the date referenced in the annual course brochure listing was incorrectly printed as 7 and 8 December 2018