Forthcoming CoursesMon 12Mon 12 April, 2:00 pm to Thu 15 April, 2:00 pmMon 12Mon 12 April, 2:00 pm to Thu 15 April, 2:00 pmMon 10Mon 10 May, 2:00 pm to Thu 13 May, 2:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Coordinator for the Centre for Leadership Learning Read more
Chaplain, Centre for Formation in Ministry Read more
Coordinator of the Centre for Theology, Imagination and Culture Read more
- This event has passed.
Found Out: Being Real About Faith and Sexuality
- Course Dates: Thu 22 November 2018, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Our sexuality is key to our identity and wellbeing, and our faith journey.
It is closely intertwined with our gender and our spirituality. You may be in a pastoral or a therapeutic role; you may be exercising ministry – lay or ordained; or you may be negotiating the complexities of an institutional religious setting where the underlying inherited values of the Christian community feel to be at odds with our wider social context. Or you may simply wish to reflect in more depth on your personal spiritual journey. Or any combination of the above. You are welcome to a creative day reflecting on:
- The reality of our experiences of gender and sexuality in our contemporary social context;
- What have we ‘found out’ about ourselves, others and God through our experiences;
- What have been our interactions, positive and negative, with the faith traditions that grew us, or that we have encountered later in life;
- Creative ways forward in finding out for ourselves how we see God and what that means for ourselves and for our relationships, in all their variety and diversity.