There are no upcoming events at this time.
Meet the Academic Staff
Scholar in Residence Read more
Tutor in Spiritual Formation and Biblical Studies Read more
Principal and Coordinator for the Centre for Human Flourishing Read more
- This event has passed.
Found Out: Being Real About Faith and Sexuality
- Course Dates: Thu 22 November 2018, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Our sexuality is key to our identity and wellbeing, and our faith journey.
It is closely intertwined with our gender and our spirituality. You may be in a pastoral or a therapeutic role; you may be exercising ministry – lay or ordained; or you may be negotiating the complexities of an institutional religious setting where the underlying inherited values of the Christian community feel to be at odds with our wider social context. Or you may simply wish to reflect in more depth on your personal spiritual journey. Or any combination of the above. You are welcome to a creative day reflecting on:
- The reality of our experiences of gender and sexuality in our contemporary social context;
- What have we ‘found out’ about ourselves, others and God through our experiences;
- What have been our interactions, positive and negative, with the faith traditions that grew us, or that we have encountered later in life;
- Creative ways forward in finding out for ourselves how we see God and what that means for ourselves and for our relationships, in all their variety and diversity.