Forthcoming CoursesMon 14Mon 14 June, 2:00 pm to Thu 17 June, 2:00 pmMon 14Mon 14 June, 2:00 pm to Sun 20 June, 2:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Director of Studies, Centre for Formation in Ministry and Lecturer in Doctrine and Theology, Arts and Culture Read more
Chaplain, Centre for Formation in Ministry Read more
Academic Dean and Coordinator for the Centre for Liturgy and Worship Read more
- This event has passed.
2015-16 Renaissance Ministry (2/2)
- Course Dates: Mon 15 February 2016, 1:00 pm to Wed 17 February 2016, 2:00 pm
This programme is ideal if you have been in stipendiary parochial ministry for a number of years, and are beginning to think about how to shape your ministry for the next phase.
With retirement for many now looking as if it may be 70, what does it mean to be in parochial ministry for the long haul?
This programme is sponsored by the Regional Training Partnership, Transition in Ministry Team (TIM) – including the dioceses of Bath & Wells, Bristol, Guildford, Oxford, Portsmouth, Salisbury and Winchester, but is also open to wider participation.
We shall provide an opportunity for you to:
- Reflect on your ministry since your ordination, so that you can become more aware of those aspects of ministry that renew you and those that drain you;
- Reflect on your original vocation to ordained ministry: does it continue to sustain you or does it need re-appraising in the light of experience?
- Think about new skills you might like to develop for the next phase of your ministry;
- Think about your lifestyle as a minister and plan for its future sustainability.
These residential sessions will provide an opportunity to think and pray together about vocation and ministry, to share in the worship of the cathedral and to make plans for further learning.
The programme will include two residential sessions at Sarum College. You will be expected to attend both parts.
Session 1: Arrivals for 1pm lunch on Monday 30 November. Departures at 2pm on Wednesday 2 December 2015.
Session 2: Arrivals for 1pm lunch on Monday 15 February. Departures at 2pm on Wednesday 17 February 2016.
Between the residential sessions is a phase of busy parochial ministry including Christmas in which to monitor reflections and learning from the first residential and prepare for the second.
There may be a chance to meet in small action learning groups between the sessions.
A final timetable and further information will be sent approximately two weeks before the programme.