Please note that this course has been cancelled due to low enrolment.
Please contact us if you would be interested in this course at a future date.
Leading any school as a head teacher is both demanding and hugely rewarding. Leading a church school brings the added dimension of an explicit faith perspective and the need to discover what it might mean to talk about spiritual leadership.
Sarum College, in partnership with the Diocese of Oxford Board of Education, is holding a 24- hour residential course to provide an opportunity for those in senior leadership in Church schools to deepen their understanding of what it means to lead in a Christian educational setting.
The residential begins with arrivals from 4.30pm for a 5pm start on Thursday 19th (includes an evening session) and finishes with tea at 4.30 on Friday 20th January and will include:
• Worship at choral evensong and early morning communion in the Cathedral – a place that has explored Christian leadership over many centuries.
• A keynote address that explores the relationship between leadership, learning and the Christian faith.
• An introduction to a model of leadership that includes competence, character and spirit.
• A chance to use action learning together as a way of enriching and deepening learning.
• Time and space to reflect and ponder.
Full payment required on booking
£175 en-suite room (available on a first-come, first-served basis)
Fees includes all meals and refreshments.